Volunteering as a Room Parent is a wonderful way to be involved in your child's educational experience. Room parents play a key role in creating a successful and exciting school year at Tritt.
- PTA Online Directory: Encourage your families in your class to register on our website to create a class contact list.
- Teacher Support and Assistance: Discuss expectations and needs with your teacher. These vary from teacher to teacher and from grade to grade. Teachers may need extra volunteers in the classroom, chaperones for field trips, additional classroom supplies, or help in other situations. At these times, Room Parents can assist by organizing and recruit volunteers.
- PTA Programs and Events: Additional volunteers may occasionally be needed for PTA events. In these situations, the PTA Committee Chair can contact the Room Parents for assistance.
- Classroom Celebrations and Events: Every teacher has their own approach regarding classroom celebrations. Room Parents coordinate with their teacher on the classroom needs and policy for celebrations.
- Class Fund: Collect and manage money to be used throughout the year. Example: Teacher's Birthday, Holiday gift, End of Year Celebration
- Communication Liaison: Create a group email list that allows you to quickly disseminate information and announcements from the PTA to all class families.
- Be an Advocate: Advocate to your class for PTA programs such as the Tritt Tiger Dash, Family Engagement events, Screen on the Green and teacher appreciation, to name a few. Help spread the word and the excitement for these programs!