Dear 5th Grade Parents,
Where has the time gone? Just a few short years ago we were dropping off our little Kindergartners on their first day of school, and soon we will have “graduating 5th graders!” As they transition from Tritt into middle school, we need your help to make this graduation as special as we possibly can. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as the 5th Grade Activities Committee Chairs. We are Kendall Willard (Owen) and Karen Mudrock (Jack).
We had many wonderful plans for this year, and we are continuing to do everything we can to ensure these kiddos are sent off with love and excitement for what is to come...though it may look a little different than years past. Unfortunately we are unable to incorporate all the larger activities we have organized in previous years...but we strive to make this fun and as memorable as possible.
We are currently looking for parents to volunteer their time with the following positions
· Class Gift: something that our 5th graders will gift to the school, Student Leadership Team to help with ideas – chairperson: Open
· *If anyone would like to volunteer to help Karen and I with ideas to help plan and execute the Class Gift, please contact us. Through this challenging year, we still plan on gifting something special, however we are still in the planning process due to what we are able to do with our covid-friendly limitations.
- Graduation Shirt - Chairperson: Kendall/Karen
· Electronic Sign: you can leave a message for your child towards the end of school year/graduation on our electronic sign in the front of school. * This is part of the 5th grade packet, detailed below. The kids love seeing their name and it’s a great photo opportunity – chairperson: Open
The PTA has revamped the activities to be both cost and time efficient, so we will focus on making the best out of the fun events we do have planned!
5th Grade Activities Packet - $30
All Orders due by April 19, 2021
1) Graduation Shirt
2) Customized message to be displayed on the front electronic sign in May 2021
3) Graduation Yard Sign
Extra Yard Signs Available for $5
Some events we typically provide in a school year are not going to be possible in a virtual environment. With so many families going through difficult times, the PTA has drastically cut the annual budget and is only focusing on providing opportunities that will allow support to parents, your children, and our teachers in a virtual setting. However, many events can continue on for our kids through online email submissions for Reflections and Honoring Our Heroes with awards and continued shout outs to our kids, using the scholastic book weblink for our Book Fair, zoom meeting opportunities to provide open communications on how we can continue to best serve your family and even a virtual Tritt Trot Fun Run for those that like a competition and want to remain active. There are so many ways to remain involved while we anticipate our return and hopefully, that will be soon. However, in the meantime, we will offer services in a variety of ways to support the needs of your family.
- Copy paper/Ink for the teachers and staff
- Planners, folders, and composition books for each student
- Classroom materials at the request of our teachers
- Grants that go directly to our teachers and departments
- Clinic supplies
- Papa Johns Pizza Nights - 20% of each order is given back to Tritt
- Even Box Tops -- now scanned off your store receipt using the downloaded Box Top app (Several parents have recently inquired about this and every cent to our school makes a difference)