Choose Your Language
PTA Legislative News
Relevant legislative news and information.
- PTA/TTF General Board Meeting will be held on April 26th at 6:30 PM. There will be a vote to make an amendment to the Tritt bylaws changing the month from March to April to vote on the executive slate.
- Local Unit Bylaws
- Past PTA General Meeting Info
- COBB COUNTY BUDGET CRISIS/LIBRARY CLOSURE: There is a proposed 25% budget cut of our libraries in Cobb County, resulting in somewhere between 5-7 libraries being shut down in the system. East Cobb Library has been mentioned as one of the libraries that would be closed as of October 1st. Fees will begin in February for room rental of $25 for Library rooms.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE:
- Express your opinion to your county commissioner. Here is how to locate your county commissioner.
- Attend a Board Meeting. The next Board of Commissioner meeting will be held on January 23rd at 7pm.
- If you do not support the library closure, you can sign the petition at change.org.
Also, see below for other great legislative resources.
|Register to Vote||Your Elected Officials||Capitol Watch||National PTA Advocacy||CCSD News|